Re: Inability to work on Amazon site

Louis Maher <ljmaher@...>

Hi Ketan,

When I find an item I want, I tab until I land on the first time that the item is mentioned on the search page, hit the context key, open in a separate tab which gives me a web page dedicated to that item, hit b until I land on the buy button and hit enter.

I am using Firefox, JAWS and/or NVDA.

Good luck.

Regards

Louis Maher

Phone: 713-444-7838

E-mail: ljmaher@...

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of Ketan Kothari
Sent: Monday, August 15, 2016 11:52 AM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] Inability to work on Amazon site

I did search and came to the button “buy now” but the button did not activated either by pressing enter or the spacebar.  This is now becoming frustrating indeed.

Ketan

Sent: Monday, August 15, 2016 10:07 PM

Hi Ketan,

You  can buy items shown on that search by clicking (hit enter) on the found items.  For all practical purposes, you can buy from that web page.

Regards

Louis Maher

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of Ketan Kothari
Sent: Monday, August 15, 2016 11:27 AM

Thank you for this;  I could search it but of course I can’t buy it from there.  That doesn’t help, does it? 

Ketan

Sent: Monday, August 15, 2016 9:38 PM

Folks,

The easiest way for the blind to access Amazon is through the Amazon access site

(https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/ref=mw_access).  This site has a search field at the top which covers all Amazon things.  Just type in what you want, and the entire Amazon universe will be searched.  No categories needed.

Regards

Louis Maher

Sent: Monday, August 15, 2016 10:36 AM

Hi,

Actually, the same problems occur.  As I open the site and try to select Kindle store from the combo box in search options the form field/combo box does not work.  Also, even the sign-in link does not open.  This is strange as earlier when I used the other software this was done.  I hope not to go that way now.  Please help.

With best wishes,

Ketan   

Sent: Monday, August 15, 2016 8:10 PM

Ketan:

Sorry, can you be more specific?

Are you trying to access Amazon.com or Amazon.co.uk?

What features would you like to access?

Thanks,

Join nvda@nvda.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.