Re: thunderbird gmail notice

Gene

I don't know what the problem is but it isn't what you think. I saw a message on another list from someone saying they must manually enter their password everytime they log in. However, I entered it once, closed Windows Live Mail, opened it again and told it to download mail. I was able to download mail without having to log in. the perverse behavior described by different people means that a Google problem is likely occurring and that waiting and manually logging in in the meantime, if necessary, may be the way to deal with the problem. We may see news accounts of the problem later in the day as it may be widespread.

From: Shaun Everiss
Sent: Monday, May 04, 2020 7:46 AM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] thunderbird gmail notice

Well that setting seems no more.

Its still working in my dad's outlook but I can't seem to find how to
switch the security protocols.

Google seems to have started getting rid of all less secure access on
their accounts and seem to slowly be roling out killing apps that are
not secured.

Sadly outlook seems to be one of these apps, for what its worth its
still working here but who knows what happens if I need to reload the
account or it suddenly stops.

On 5/05/2020 12:17 am, Luke Davis wrote:
For what it's worth, my old alpine text based client in Linux is still accessing gmail just fine with the same old IMAP over SSL I've always used.

Every once in a while, they make me log in to their site and re-enable the old/less secure apps setting, but they haven't done so in at least six months.

Luke