Re: Excess verbosity when tabbing through tables in MS Word

Quentin Christensen

Hi Andre,

Good question.  Before replying I did test to see if I could replicate, and I neglected to mention that in my reply.  I am using Office 365 version 16.0.12730.20236 with NVDA 2020.1 rc1.  I didn't go back and test earlier versions of NVDA as the OP said they encountered the problem using the RC build.

It would be interesting to hear back from the OP as to which version of Office they are using, and whether they are only encountering this issue in the RC build, or whether they can replicate with 2019.3.1 as well?

(and re the troubleshooting tips, if you could also confirm whether any of those changes make a difference, and if not, a log from you might help with our investigation as well).

Quentin.

On Tue, May 5, 2020 at 11:06 AM Andre Fisher <andrefisher729@...> wrote:
Hi Quentin,

While I acknowledge that you have done a good job in outlining possible troubleshooting techniques, I noticed that you did not state if this is an issue that you have happened to replicate. While I understand that setups and configurations are different from computer to computer, I find that developers and those involved in making decisions relating to the screen reader often jump to troubleshooting issues before actually testing them out to confirm. This may frustrate the person who is reporting the issue.

I can confirm this has been happening as to me as well, but it started happening with NVDA 2019.3.1. i'm not using Office 365, however, I'm using Microsoft Office 2019.

--
Quentin Christensen
Training and Support Manager