Re: Outlook and attachments

Gene

I read mail as plain text. In Windows Live Mail, I can open your message and see an embedded attachment with an htm extension. So although the list doesn't allow attachments in general, embedded attachments are allowed. If they weren't, a lot of messages people want to read as HTML would only be available as plain text.

My recollection, from the very little comparison I've done is that Thunderbird doesn't let you see such embedded attachments if you read mail as plain text and I don't know how many programs let you see them.

From: Monte Single
Sent: Monday, May 04, 2020 11:21 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] Outlook and attachments

I am still using outlook 2013 with win 7 for my email.

I’ve been getting the same attachment message for a few years.

On all occasions, it happens with messages on lists like this that do not allow attachments.

Once in a while I get a message with an attachment, but it is always from someone who is not on an email list.

Maybe it is caused by a signature or such.

No, I do not know what to do about it.

I did as on one list, but found no fix.

I live with it as a very minor annoyance.