Re: Saying Hello

On Tue, May 5, 2020 at 05:31 PM, Joseph Lee wrote:
The original poster (not Cecelia) is a spammer) and was banned by Groups.IO.
This is one of the reasons I have strong reservations about even approving messages of the "Saying Hello" type.  Spammers very often use this as a technique to gain entry.  I will be discussing this with the group owner.   Although I hesitate to do anything to reduce the sense anyone has of feeling welcome, one can do an "introduction/saying hello" as part of their first post with a question or answer.

The risks from approving messages with no content beyond a "hello" are becoming higher than I'd like.