Re: how to find the play button?

Dennis L <dennisl1982@...>

Using chrome I get it.  I prefer the new edge.

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Brian Vogel
Sent: Wednesday, May 6, 2020 10:19 AM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] how to find the play button?

When I visit:  https://www.fox2detroit.com/news/state-parole-board-releasing-twice-the-amount-of-prisoners-to-ease-crowding-amid-pandemic

I cannot get NVDA to find that play control, either.  If I hover the mouse over it, NVDA announces, "To get missing image descriptions, open the context menu."  And that is whether it's the initial one, or if I start playing, pause the video, and the subsequent play arrow shows in the center.  I also have never seen an embedded video player that uses this style elsewhere.

I have no idea how to get at the context menu to which NVDA is making reference, as if I do SHIFT+F10 I get the standard browser context menu which has nothing to do with unlabeled images or getting image descriptions.  I am using Brave when doing this testing.

--

Brian - Windows 10 Pro, 64-Bit, Version 1909, Build 18363  

Science has become just another voice in the room; it has lost its platform.  Now, you simply declare your own truth.

~ Dr. Paul A. Offit, in New York Times article, How Anti-Vaccine Sentiment Took Hold in the United States, September 23, 2019

Join nvda@nvda.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.