Re: NVDA version release dates

Luke Davis

For some reason, the devs seem reluctant to include dates in the changes file. However if you really need them, they can be gotten.

If you have a git installation (with related linuxish tools like sed and grep, such as under WSL), and a cloned copy of the NVDA repository, you can do the following. You can change the date format in various ways, if this is not to your liking--E.G. changing "local" to "short", to get 2019-01-01 format dates:

git for-each-ref --sort=taggerdate --format "- %(tag) (%(taggerdate:local))" refs/tags|grep -vE "(rc|beta)"|grep release|tac|sed 's/release-//g'

That is slightly modified from the example in this discussion, to which you might want to add your comment about the use case for dates:

The above command, on an old copy of the repo that I have laying around, gives the following results:

- 2019.1.1 (Tue Apr 9 21:43:33 2019)
- 2019.1 (Mon Mar 25 16:06:20 2019)
- 2018.4.1 (Sun Jan 13 19:29:29 2019)
- 2018.4 (Sun Dec 16 16:44:00 2018)
- 2018.3.2 (Wed Sep 26 02:45:15 2018)
- 2018.3.1 (Wed Sep 19 19:08:13 2018)
- 2018.3 (Tue Sep 18 00:06:47 2018)
- 2018.2.1 (Sat Jul 7 08:27:36 2018)
- 2018.2 (Wed Jun 13 01:32:22 2018)
- 2018.1.1 (Tue Mar 27 22:30:58 2018)
- 2018.1 (Wed Mar 7 23:39:53 2018)
- 2017.4 (Tue Dec 5 21:34:41 2017)
- 2017.3 (Thu Aug 24 06:45:05 2017)
- 2017.2 (Mon May 29 02:20:51 2017)
- 2017.1 (Tue Feb 21 23:47:11 2017)
- 2016.4 (Thu Dec 15 18:28:38 2016)
- 2016.3 (Tue Sep 6 00:59:00 2016)
- 2016.2.1 (Fri Jun 10 02:09:57 2016)
- 2016.2 (Thu Jun 2 00:50:10 2016)
- 2016.1 (Sun Feb 21 19:50:59 2016)
- 2015.4 (Sun Nov 22 19:32:53 2015)
- 2015.3 (Mon Aug 24 18:46:43 2015)
- 2015.2 (Mon Jun 15 13:33:16 2015)
- 2015.1 (Sun Feb 22 20:29:41 2015)
- 2014.4 (Thu Nov 27 00:11:47 2014)
- 2014.3 (Wed Sep 3 23:28:28 2014)
- 2014.2 (Thu May 22 08:22:52 2014)
- 2014.1 (Wed Mar 12 19:39:23 2014)
- 2013.3 (Tue Dec 3 20:17:57 2013)
- 2013.2 (Thu Aug 29 01:35:00 2013)
- 2013.1.1 (Sun Jun 23 23:33:53 2013)
- 2013.1 (Fri May 17 14:03:02 2013)

Regards,

Luke

On Fri, 8 May 2020, Ali Savas wrote:

I am currently in the process of reworking the German Wikipedia article
from the beginning.

Is there a list of which NVDA version was released on which date? This
would help me a lot to create a version table with a summary of the most
important changes.