Re: windows program for creating a recovery drive is not fully accessible

Deenadayalan Moodley

Hi Brian,

As some one who has done this on numerous times, it can be done.  Making backup accessible is great but, you only have the option to use a talking WINPE to do the restore.  As indicated in a previous message, I have created a flash drive with various additional software.

All I do is boot of the flash drive which loads the win PE and run the restore from there.  I have software on the disk which allows me to even run various other tools to check hardware etc.  Most of these programs are portable and do not need to be installed.

I even used GRML which is a talking Linux to do a restore when my hard drive got corrupted. Like most things, there are times when you need a pair of eyes and that’s when services such as “be my eyes” can come to the rescue… I generally stay away from the so-called rescue disks because these do not have speech.

So, This can be done, it does need lots of additional knowledge to make work.

Thanks.