Re: NVDA won't install on win10

Richard Wells

Folks: please don't get safe mode mixed up with S mode. Safe mode is loading Windows with minimal software and drivers running and S mode is Windows fully running with protection from installing any desktop applications. Only apps from the Microsoft Store will run in that mode.

On 5/8/2020 10:21 PM, Deenadayalan Moodley wrote:

Hi,

One way I have used in the past is to use a registry entry hack to have your sound drivers come up in “safe mode”.  When I had to then go in to “safe mode” I could use NVDA. I have not tested this on Windows 10 yet.

Thanks.

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Arlene
Sent: Saturday, 09 May 2020 04:59
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] NVDA won't install on win10

Good you got it fixed.  What a pain in the but you had to get a sighted person to help you get it out of safe mode. I wished Microsoft created some sort of talking softwear  to get us out. That’s if you can’t get a sighted person to help. If you live with one or have access to someone who can help. Great. Some of us blind folk may not be as fortunate to have a sighted person near.

Sent from Mail for Windows 10