Re: windows program for creating a recovery drive is not fully accessible

On Fri, May 8, 2020 at 11:09 PM, Deenadayalan Moodley wrote:
So, This [a backup and recovery routine that is fully accessible] can be done, it does need lots of additional knowledge to make work.
And, therein, lies the problem.  I am a tech geek, I understand most, if not all, of what's being discussed as being involved in doing this.  Realistically, most end users don't and never will.  They have absolutely no interest in getting this involved in delving "under the hood."

I applaud anyone who does.  But I also know that my personal concern, and that's whether a client is blind or sighted, is that they have a backup protocol in place and that they are able to take the backups independently on whatever cycle is dictated by their personal circumstances.   If they need to recover from within Windows, that's already accessible under most of the software out there, and if they need to do a disaster recovery, it's generally not.  Having to hire someone to come in and actually do a disaster recovery is cheap, very cheap, compared to losing years worth of work and data, and way, way cheaper than engaging professional data recovery services on a failed drive.

I am far more concerned that the average user, blind or sighted, is taking backups so they're available for recovery, than I am about their ability to do the recovery independently.  God willing, they'll never need to use the backup, but if they don't have it to use and they have a catastrophic failure, then they are well and truly up the proverbial creek, in whitewater flooding stage, sans paddle.