Re: Issue With NVDA and Thunderbird: Focusing on a link within a message also reads the URL

Roger Stewart

I just checked through this message here and I'm not getting this.  True, if a link is spelled out with the full http etc, it will be read that way. But if it isn't, all I hear is what is shown.

Roger

On 5/9/2020 11:09 PM, David Goldfield wrote:
Hello. Using NVDA 2020.1 and Thunderbird 68.8.0, Windows 10 64.

I have noticed that when moving focus to a link which is contained within a message the link's name or label is announced as one would expect. However, maybe about half a second later the target URL is also spoken. I'm not sure when this started happening or if it's related to the additional verbosity we saw recently with Thunderbird which is now mostly tamed. I did have the speaking of tool tips enabled but disabling this setting does not correct the problem. Are others experiencing this and is there a workaround?

I'm seeing this consistently using the letter K to move from one link to the next.