locked Re: How to prevent NVDA from automatically reading messages in outlook when open them?

On Sun, May 10, 2020 at 04:16 PM, Richard Bartholomew wrote:
Without wishing to sound too glib
Same here, but what's so difficult about hitting CTRL to shut NVDA up as soon as you open an e-mail message, then use whatever navigation method you deem optimal to go through the message from there?  I have to shut up NVDA or JAWS on many occasions, for many reasons, and my reach for CTRL or ESC to accomplish same is almost automatic now.

I, like Ralf, cannot fathom why one would open a message if not to read it.  And what is ideal as far as how its read will vary from person to person.  But the default of "start reading the message" makes a lot of sense, at least to me.