New Excel: Nothing Works As It Did Before

Ron Canazzi

Hi Group,

I use Excel to make database entries into a spreadsheet to keep track of my music and movie collection.  I haven't used it in over a year. I have the Live 365 version of the Microsoft package. Something changed as to importation of data into the tables within a worksheet.

I used to be able to press the hotkeys alt + A, F, T for data, file, text import.  A screen with a security warning would come up and after I pressed enter on the OK button a browse for dialogue would come up and I would import the file.  When the file was in process of loading, the choices were quite straight forward: delimiter, where to import, and other general defaults.

Now when i get past the first step of dismissing the security warning, everything seems jumbled.  I am not sure if this is NVDA/JAWS being confused or if there is something new about Excel that has to be addressed first.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

--
They Ask Me If I'm Happy; I say Yes.
They ask: "How Happy are You?"