locked Re: How to prevent NVDA from automatically reading messages in outlook when open them?

Dennis L <dennisl1982@...>

Ok so we are talking about the first line of the email.  If You prefer to go line by line through an email It speaks something you wanted to copy you have to go through the email a second time to do what you would had to do just once if you had it speak no part of the body of the email.  As another user said its about user choice.

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Gene
Sent: Sunday, May 10, 2020 10:08 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] How to prevent NVDA from automatically reading messages in outlook when open them?

First, let's be sure we are talking about the same thing.  I have often seen complaints about the subject line being read when a message is opened in Thunderbird.  Are you talking about that or about the first line of the message body being read?  I can see a justification for requesting that the subject line not be read when a message is opened.  But if your complaint is that the first line of the message body is read, you haven't explained why that is a problem.

This behavior, not reading the first line, could be made application specific by the user by using profiles.  But we need to be sure we are talking about the same thing and you need to make a good case for not having the first line of the message body be read if you want the developers to possibly seriously consider adding the feature.

Gene