Re: Thunderbird 68.8.0: Unwanted Verbosity Is Improved But Not Fixed

Ron Canazzi

Hi Group,

I am now a Mozilla Bugzilla contributor.  (Mozilla Bugzilla: sounds a bit like Megilla Gorilla, but I digress!)  It's not really very hard once you get registered.  I will report on bugs for both Thunderbird and Firefox in the future. I reported on the verbosity issue with the underlying addresses of hyperlinks in Thunderbird being announced by screen readers.  I used to be a private beta tester for JAWS years ago, so it's  really not too hard.  The website is reasonably accessible and the forms are as well.

On 5/10/2020 3:05 PM, Brian Vogel wrote:
On Sun, May 10, 2020 at 02:49 PM, Robert Kingett wrote:
https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/enter_bug.cgi?product=Thunderbird
And just to clarify my last statement, as Bugzilla and GitHub behave slightly differently, you do go through the bug reporting mechanism under Bugzilla to file a feature request as well as a bug.

For a true bug, the radio button, This is a defect report, is selected while for a feature request the radio button, This is a request for enhancement, is selected instead.

If you pick "the wrong one" in the eyes of the folks at Mozilla, it will end up being recategorized by them.  But if you know you're making a feature request from the outset, it makes sense to identify it as such.  There are times (like this one) where one could argue that the line is far from perfectly clear.

They Ask Me If I'm Happy; I say Yes.
They ask: "How Happy are You?"