Re: Toggle Passing Keys in NVDA?

On Mon, May 11, 2020 at 02:30 AM, Quentin Christensen wrote:
NVDA has a "sleep mode".
Quentin,

         The original post mentions sleep mode:   I thought perhaps the "application sleep mode" was what I needed, but not only does the command listed on the reference do absolutely nothing for me, it apparently stops the speech synthesis as well, which I don't want.

          I understand what the original poster is looking for.  He wants NVDA to still be active as far as reporting changes on the screen, but not handling keyboard shortcuts at all.  Essentially he wants a toggle version of the Pass next key through command, such that until that toggle is hit again, all keys continue to be passed through to the underlying program while NVDA can still continue speaking when necessary.  It seems like that would be a feature request, as the capability does not currently exist.

          Sleeping NVDA certainly should allow "perpetual pass-through" but would also deactivate all other functions of NVDA as well.