Re: New SpeakOn MediaSuite NVDA add-on for version 2019.3.1 and later

Ron Canazzi

Hi Group,

I am wondering just what added benefit using an add on for Speak On Media Suite would be.  I don't use Speak On much any more--since I got my iPhone, but as I recall, Speak On is self voicing and speaks well in all the menus and at all levels.  Did something change within that program within the past few months that necessitates an add on?

On 5/12/2020 8:38 AM, David Griffith wrote:
Further to Isaac's message about the NVDA AddOn for Speak ON
I copy below the Podcast series I am doing to aid people's use of the suite. These Podcasts can be freely distributed if they are of assistance in these times.

Speak On Resources
You can download Speak On media Suite from
http://www.speakon.org.uk/SpeakOn.html
Mailing List for Speak On
http://www.speakon.org.uk/SpeakOn/MediaSuite/public/docs/NeweUpdateMailingListContact/Mailing_list.html

Speak On Media Podcast

Links are provided with SendSpace and DropBox.
01 Introduction Speak on Media Suite.mp3
This Podcast covers setting up Speak On Media, changing the default synthesiser to a more friendly voice and introduces you to the range of apps available by default, and then the further apps available through additional optional plugins.
https://www.sendspace.com/pro/dl/otzppu
https://www.dropbox.com/s/8y09u2leqstfxa5/01%20Introduction%20Speak%20on%20Media%20Suite.mp3?dl=1

02 Getting an Audio Books into Speak On Media Suite.mp3

This Podcast describes how shortcuts and the send to menu in File Explorer can be utilised to make it much easier to import books and other content into Speak On Media.
https://www.sendspace.com/pro/dl/v7dhkt
https://www.dropbox.com/s/yuj67i26b4f8dtk/02%20Getting%20Audio%20Books%20into%20Speak%20On%20Media%20Suite.mp3?dl=1

03 Playing Daisy and Audio Books in Speak On.mp3
This Podcast covers loading and reading of Daisy and Audio Books. It explains Speak On navigation options, bookmarking, and varying the speed and volume of playback. It also introduces Speak On’s context sensitive help feature.

https://www.sendspace.com/pro/dl/ye758q
https://www.dropbox.com/s/nqqvar1l0v66agi/03%20Playing%20Daisy%20and%20Audio%20Books%20in%20Speak%20On.mp3?dl=1

04 Reading eBooks on Speak On
This covers.
-changing the Reading Voice.
- Navigation levels available in the eBook.
- Managing Bookmarks and getting book size information.
-Tabbing through the Player Bookmark list and Library view.
- Adjusting the speed and volume of book playback on the fly.
- Copying and pasting text from an eBook into Notepad.
- Saving Sections of the book as text files.
- Creating a "virtual eBook" based upon a search term.

https://www.sendspace.com/pro/dl/akbva2
https://www.dropbox.com/s/6prii2ctprlonak/04%20Reading%20eBooks%20on%20Speak%20On.mp3?dl=1

05 Speak On and Internet Radio
This Podcast covers
- Using a free or paid Tunein account to access Radio in Speak On.
- Using the optional VI Radio app.
- Importing Radio Streams into the Other Media app to create a 3rd Customised Internet Radio app.

https://www.sendspace.com/pro/dl/sgqix8
https://www.dropbox.com/s/hgwfljk44v2yp6o/05%20Radio%20with%20Speak%20on.mp3?dl=1

Link to a Radio Streams folder to import into Speak On.
https://www.sendspace.com/pro/dl/p7xu1m

06 Using Speak On and the RNIB Reading Service.

This Podcasts covers downloading a daisy Book from the new RNIB Reading Service and playing it in Speak On.
https://www.sendspace.com/pro/dl/j006ie
https://www.dropbox.com/s/8gi9lhz98twk9mx/06%20Speak%20On%20and%20the%20RNIB%20Reading%20Service.mp3?dl=1

07 Speak On and the RNIB Newsagent Service Part 1 - Newspapers.
This Podcasts covers.
1. Advantages of using Speak On to easily access the eText Newspaper service, including its Virtual Reader function to streamline reading.
Installing the task and logging into the eText service.
Lloading of Newspapers, navigation and adjustment of speed and volume of playback.
Setting up favourite papers.
Bookmarking and extracting articles into text files.
https://www.sendspace.com/pro/dl/d40tj7
https://www.dropbox.com/s/s4y5bhyzdhy9vz0/07%20Speak%20On%20and%20RNIB%20eText%20Newsagent.mp3?dl=1

08 Speak On and the RNIB Newsagent Service Part 2 Magazines.
This Podcast covers accessing the RNIB magazine service and the workaround needed if the RNIB has broken a link from a Magazine to Speak On.
https://www.sendspace.com/pro/dl/jsp0da
https://www.dropbox.com/s/qde2fmple3c6gg1/08%20Speak%20On%2C%20RNIB%20and%20eText%20magazine%20.mp3?dl=1

09 Speak On and Podcasts.

This Podcast covers searching for a Podcast, subscribing to a Podcast by adding to Favorites, downloading Podcast, and browsing the Category Online directory Service. As part of this it show how Speak On acts as a virtual BBC Sounds app. It also covers importing OPML files from another Podcast Reader and briefly covers the optional VI Podcast app which provides access to selected Podcasts of interest to Blind and Partially Sighted People.
Note For a demonstration of the third Podcast facility in Speak On , via the tunein Radio app to download Podcasts and Radio shows from that service, please refer back to Podcast 5 on Internet Radio and Speak On.

https://www.sendspace.com/pro/dl/tv8u7i
https://www.dropbox.com/s/88efq4jhsumskij/09Speak%20On%20and%20%20Podcasts.mp3?dl=1