Re: Progress bar does not read in Windows Defender

Ralf Kefferpuetz

Hello ,

When you are stuck with the ok and cancel buttons, go up 1 level with NVDA-numpad-7 and explore the screen. I’m sure you will then find what you are looking for.

Cheers,

Ralf

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Morne van der Merwe
Sent: Mittwoch, 13. Mai 2020 17:05
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] Progress bar does not read in Windows Defender

Hello Ralf,

Thanks for the advice. My progress bar is set correctly so it does read the progress randomly. I tried to use the screen and object review in Defender with no success.  Objec review only focuses the cursor on the “cancel button” and screen review only says “blank.”

I will give it a try again though.

Have a wonderful evening.

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Ralf Kefferpuetz
Sent: Wednesday, 13 May 2020 15:02
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] Progress bar does not read in Windows Defender

Hi Morné,

1. Make sure progressbar announcement is enabled, hit NVDA-U to adjust it to your needs. By the way, for me object and screen navigation are working properly in this window.
  2. I have a super speed when composing mails in Outlook 365, maybe it helps to disable some document related items like spell checking and pages in the NVDA document formatting . You can get there with NVDA-Control-D

Cheers,

Ralf

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Morne van der Merwe
Sent: Mittwoch, 13. Mai 2020 14:32
To: NVDA <nvda@nvda.groups.io>
Subject: [nvda] Progress bar does not read in Windows Defender

Hello list,

I am running the latest versions of both Windows 10 and NVDA.

When a virus scan with Windows Defender is being performed, NVDA does not read the progress bar of the scan.  Is there a way to read the progress bar since object and screen review do not work.

Lastly, why is NVDA sluggish when typing in Microsoft 365? While I am typing this email, NVDA gets way behind my typing speed.

Kind regards to all and stay healthy.

Morné

Join nvda@nvda.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.