Re: Issue with pronunciation dictionary

Tyler Spivey

It works here. What entries are you using?
Easiest way to get these is to go into the dictionary dialog, find them,
then copy them by hitting NVDA+numpad5 three times.
Or if you're on laptop, nvda+shift+o 3 times.

Once I have the list entries, that shows all the values in the dialog I
need to replicate them here to see where you're going wrong. Please do
that for both of them.

On 5/14/2020 6:43 AM, Sharni-Lee Ward wrote:
First of all, I should point out I haven't updated to 2019.3 yet because
I've not checked in here in a while and don't know for sure if updating
from 2019.2.1 breaks anything I don't want broken/will yell at me for
having incompatible addons installed. I'm terrible at checking my emails
and I'm sorry.

But I'm having an issue changing a pronunciation and it's bugging me.
I'm a Star Trek: Voyager fan, and one character, B'Elanna Torres, has
her name spelled as shown here. Except on some websites the apostrophe
is turned into a "Right Single Quote". I had fixed the pronunciation for
her name years ago, but when I discovered this phenomenon today, I tried
to fix it. The literal only difference is the punctuation. I tried
making its own entry and adding the same replacement to it. That didn't
work. I tried making it case-sensitive. That also did not work. I tested
to make sure the dictionary itself wasn't acting up, and another test
entry worked just fine. I even tried replacing the single quote with a
normal apostrophe and it didn't work.

/What am I doing wrong?/