Re: Issue with pronunciation dictionary

Sharni-Lee Ward

I fixed it. It was weird, though. I had to delete and remake the initial entry, as well as the one giving me grief. but it's fixed now. Sorry for causing any inconvenience.

On 15/05/2020 12:42 am, Tyler Spivey wrote:
It works here. What entries are you using?
Easiest way to get these is to go into the dictionary dialog, find them,
then copy them by hitting NVDA+numpad5 three times.
Or if you're on laptop, nvda+shift+o 3 times.

Once I have the list entries, that shows all the values in the dialog I
need to replicate them here to see where you're going wrong. Please do
that for both of them.

On 5/14/2020 6:43 AM, Sharni-Lee Ward wrote:
First of all, I should point out I haven't updated to 2019.3 yet because
I've not checked in here in a while and don't know for sure if updating
from 2019.2.1 breaks anything I don't want broken/will yell at me for
having incompatible addons installed. I'm terrible at checking my emails
and I'm sorry.

But I'm having an issue changing a pronunciation and it's bugging me.
I'm a Star Trek: Voyager fan, and one character, B'Elanna Torres, has
her name spelled as shown here. Except on some websites the apostrophe
is turned into a "Right Single Quote". I had fixed the pronunciation for
her name years ago, but when I discovered this phenomenon today, I tried
to fix it. The literal only difference is the punctuation. I tried
making its own entry and adding the same replacement to it. That didn't
work. I tried making it case-sensitive. That also did not work. I tested
to make sure the dictionary itself wasn't acting up, and another test
entry worked just fine. I even tried replacing the single quote with a
normal apostrophe and it didn't work.

/What am I doing wrong?/