Re: Issue with pronunciation dictionary

Sarah k Alawami

Try "bay lahna. Or "beh lahna." I know who you are talking about. Now if it is her last name, I really don't know how to help there. I have no clue if it will help.

On 14 May 2020, at 7:32, Sharni-Lee Ward wrote:

Still trying to work out what is wrong here and am getting frustrated. I can't read Voyager fanfics if her name isn't pronounced right!

On 14/05/2020 11:43 pm, Sharni-Lee Ward wrote:

First of all, I should point out I haven't updated to 2019.3 yet because I've not checked in here in a while and don't know for sure if updating from 2019.2.1 breaks anything I don't want broken/will yell at me for having incompatible addons installed. I'm terrible at checking my emails and I'm sorry.

But I'm having an issue changing a pronunciation and it's bugging me. I'm a Star Trek: Voyager fan, and one character, B'Elanna Torres, has her name spelled as shown here. Except on some websites the apostrophe is turned into a "Right Single Quote". I had fixed the pronunciation for her name years ago, but when I discovered this phenomenon today, I tried to fix it. The literal only difference is the punctuation. I tried making its own entry and adding the same replacement to it. That didn't work. I tried making it case-sensitive. That also did not work. I tested to make sure the dictionary itself wasn't acting up, and another test entry worked just fine. I even tried replacing the single quote with a normal apostrophe and it didn't work.

What am I doing wrong?