Re: Issue with pronunciation dictionary

Sarah k Alawami

Try "bay lahna. Or "beh lahna." I know who you are talking about. Now if it is her last name, I really don't know how to help there. I have no clue if it will help.

Sarah Alawami, owner of TFFP. . For more info go to our website.

to subscribe to the feed click here and you can also follow us on twitter

Our discord is where you will know when we go live on [twitch.](http://twitch.tv/ke7zum] Feel free to give the channel a follow and see what is up there.

For stream archives, products you can buy and more visit my main lbry page and my tffp lbry page You will also be able to buy some of my products and eBooks there.

Finally, to become a patron and help support the podcast go here

On 14 May 2020, at 7:32, Sharni-Lee Ward wrote:

Still trying to work out what is wrong here and am getting frustrated. I can't read Voyager fanfics if her name isn't pronounced right!

On 14/05/2020 11:43 pm, Sharni-Lee Ward wrote:

First of all, I should point out I haven't updated to 2019.3 yet because I've not checked in here in a while and don't know for sure if updating from 2019.2.1 breaks anything I don't want broken/will yell at me for having incompatible addons installed. I'm terrible at checking my emails and I'm sorry.

But I'm having an issue changing a pronunciation and it's bugging me. I'm a Star Trek: Voyager fan, and one character, B'Elanna Torres, has her name spelled as shown here. Except on some websites the apostrophe is turned into a "Right Single Quote". I had fixed the pronunciation for her name years ago, but when I discovered this phenomenon today, I tried to fix it. The literal only difference is the punctuation. I tried making its own entry and adding the same replacement to it. That didn't work. I tried making it case-sensitive. That also did not work. I tested to make sure the dictionary itself wasn't acting up, and another test entry worked just fine. I even tried replacing the single quote with a normal apostrophe and it didn't work.

What am I doing wrong?

Join nvda@nvda.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.