Re: reading what seems to be a blank email

Gene

To see how the program is set and change it, open the view menu, down arrow to message body as and press enter.
Down arrow through the choices.  NVDA calls the items radio menu items, which makes no sense but that's how they are presented to NVDA.  If plain text is checked, you are reading mail in plain text.  My guess is that you are trying to read an HTML message that doesn't have a text variation included and are not seeing anything.  To read the message as HTML In the safest way, up or down arrow to simple HTML and press enter.  The menu will close and you are now reading mail as simple HTML.  That means that the HTML in messages used for formatting them is being used, but nothing in the HTML of any message can run.  So there is no chance of malicious code that may be in a message running.  Use that setting to read mail and you will be able to read any message like this along with all your other mail.

Sent: Sunday, May 17, 2020 11:04 PM
Subject: Re: [nvda] reading what seems to be a blank email

It believe it is in text. How do I check?

On 5/17/2020 7:47 PM, Gene wrote:
Are you reading mail as plain text, simple HTML or HTML?

Sent: Sunday, May 17, 2020 6:34 PM
Subject: [nvda] reading what seems to be a blank email

I was not sure if this should come on NvDA or thunderbird but am trying
on the NVDA list since I am using NVDA as the screen reader while using
Thunderbird as the mail program. For some reason in the past couple of
weeks a group from which I receive emails from has changed their format.
It acts like it is an image yet I can read it on the Polaris Mini
notetaker. Is there a command I can use to try to get NVDa to read the
email to me? I am willing to forward the email to one of the programmers
for NVDA if you would like to look at it to see what is happening. I am
using the latest version of NVDA and Windows 10 on my laptop.

I would much prefer to be able to read the emails on the laptop than the
notetaker because I would like to access the link in the email from the
laptop.

I would greatly appreciate any assistance that I can receive.

Thank you so very much.

--
Betsy Grenevitch
678-862-3876