Re: The next evolution of NVDA?

Felix G.

Hi!
As long as it is not understood by developers to absolve them of
implementing a11y apis, this is a good forward thrust.
Best,
Felix

Am Di., 19. Mai 2020 um 01:56 Uhr schrieb Luke Robinett
<lukeblindgroups@...>:

Yes, SIBIAC is the one. Thanks to those of you who chimed in with the name. I haven’t used the plug-in much myself but it’s very popular in the Reaper Without Peepers listserv, A group dedicated to discussion of accessibility for the Reaper digital recording application.

On May 18, 2020, at 4:29 PM, Brian Vogel <@britechguy> wrote:

For those who want to know more about SIBIAC, see: https://reaperaccessibility.com/index.php/SIBIAC_add_on_for_NVDA

It is strictly for Reaper and requires a minimum screen resolution of 1920x1080, which would rule it out for me on a laptop.

AI is a marvelous thing, and there will definitely be major advances in the coming years. But it will be a very long time before it comes close to what wetware (the human brain) can do. Not to mention that AI, like other humans, will make choices that you, personally, may not prefer,a particularly until it trains itself to you.

It's interesting to see what people envision as far as AI. I've been saying for a long time that if we could train a screen reader to consider a web page the way most sighted individuals do when they see them, which means instantly ignoring an awful lot of stuff, it would be so much faster to get to the information that's generally being sought. But even then, what I consider extraneous you may consider essential, or vice versa. But that's not likely to be the case for things like navigation bars and the collections of links that appear at the bottom (and sometimes top) of a very great many web pages. If those get used once every hundred visits to most sites, with the exception of newspapers where their sections are generally presented near the top, that's probably an overestimate.

Science has become just another voice in the room; it has lost its platform. Now, you simply declare your own truth.