Re: accessible uninstaller

Kenny <kwashingtonbox@...>

That's exactly what I did with my new Dell XPS PC. You can't reset it for it will put all the McAfee and other unnecessary factory installed bloatware back. Had to use the Microsoft Media Creation tool to install a fresh copy of Windows 10. Worked out perfect for me.

On 5/19/2020 2:12 PM, Brian Vogel wrote:
Austin,

             If you're getting a brand new, or even brand new to you, PC the easiest way to get the very cleanest Windows 10 possible is simply to do a completely clean reinstall.  Gets rid of anything and everything an manufacturer loads on it as bloatware.

Doing a Completely Clean (Re)install of Windows 10 Using Media Creation Tool to Fetch the Win10 ISO File

Doing a Completely Clean (Re)install of Windows 10 Using Media Creation Tool to Create Bootable Win10 Install Media on a USB Thumb Drive

As far as an uninstaller utility, those should not be used unless the uninstaller that comes with a given piece of software fails somehow.  The cleanest uninstall is generally using the dedicated uninstaller for a program that came with it, though there are, of course, exceptions, but relatively few.