Re: accessible uninstaller

On Tue, May 19, 2020 at 03:28 PM, Kenny wrote:
That's exactly what I did [a completely clean reinstall on a brand-new machine]
It's something that many technicians will do, and if you have an SSD it's an incredibly fast process.  What takes the most time is getting updates that may have been issued since the last ISO building blocks were officially released.  For the ISO for version 1909 I snagged yesterday, the check for additional updates and downloading them took less than 2 minutes.  Mind you, the client had fiber-optic internet, which helps immensely, but you can still get a sense of how much it was snagging, and at this stage in the game with version 1909 it was very little.

Using install media created via the Microsoft Windows 10 Media Creation Tool gets you the most "stripped down and essential" Windows 10 installation you can get.  Even then, take the time to actually review the various screens during setup and tweak to your liking.

At this point I'm going to ask that unless someone wishes to propose another third-party uninstaller that's accessible via NVDA, we take this to the Chat Subgroup if the discussion of getting the cleanest fresh install of Windows 10 requires more discussion.  I'll end with noting you're definitely right, Kenny, that using any manufacturer's restore partition/utility to restore your machine to its "out of the box" state does just that - bloatware and all.