Re: Thunderbird 68.8.0: Unwanted Verbosity Is Improved But Not Fixed

Sarah k Alawami

I also hear it, sending message, connecting to smtp server, etc. And I don't have a slow machine either.
This is with 68. Not sure if it is nvda related. The rest of the stuff doesn't speak though, and I have the status line hidden to my knowledge.

On 19 May 2020, at 14:44, Governor staten wrote:

I have seen the same thing as you have, David. I don't know what the issue is.

On 5/10/2020 3:27 AM, David Goldfield wrote:
Hello.

The release notes for TB 68.8.0 indicates that the extra messages heard by screen readers has been addressed. While the situation may have improved I don't believe that this issue has been totally addressed.

1. When pressing enter to open a message NVDA begins to announce something which sounds like "loading message" but the announcement is usually cut off fairly quickly. I suspect that this could be happening more on slower machines.

2. When a message that I am composing is being automatically saved to my drafts folder the status message indicating this is clearly being announced, as in "copying message to drafts folder." Should this be happening?

3. When I press ctrl-enter to send a message I sometimes hear the beginning of a status announcement but it gets cut off very quickly and I'm not able to determine what it's trying to tell me. I guess I should load the speech viewer to better capture some of what is being announced but I don't recall hearing any of this information prior to this problem initially being introduced.