Re: A few questions

Quentin Christensen

Are you saying that if you are using OneCore as your default synthesizer, if you create a profile for say, Word, which uses eSpeak, if you are using Word, and open an NVDA dialog (eg NVDA+control+g to change settings), NVDA then changes to OneCore while working in the NVDA dialog?  If so, that is expected - the profile is triggered by the current program - in this case, the program has changed to NVDA so it uses the configuration profile set for NVDA itself (the normal profile unless you've set an NVDA specific profile).  Similarly, in the same situation, if you alt+tab from one Word window to another word window (holding alt down long enough to show the alt+tab window) - the voice will revert to OneCore while reading that alt+tab dialog, as that is a different program, even though conceptually you are moving from one Microsoft Word window to another.

On Tue, May 19, 2020 at 10:21 PM Akshaya Choudhary <acsociopath@...> wrote:

Hello Quentin,

NVDA automatically switches between synthesizers when I have more than one configuration profiles.  For example, If I have set One Core as my synthesizer, then NVDA will automatically switch to Espeak when I interact with my Windows and related applications. It goes back to One Core when I’m interacting with NVDA settings itself, reading a document or while browsing the internet.   The situation is similar with any synthesizer set as default. And, I can observe this same issue on NVDA 19.2.1 installed on my system and NVDA 20.1 which I sometimes use as a portable version. I reported the issue once on this list and was told by someone that the code for configuration profile is buggy. It would be great if you could help in any way.

--
Regards,
Sociohack

--