Re: Accessible scanner drivers

hurrikennyandopo ...

Hi Tony

I have noticed unless it states it has OCR software on the box some where it does not seem to have it. some times it will mention the software with the scanner that you can look up to see if it is there.

What I have done lately is depending on the scanner software if it is crap and not useable with a screen reader on the new printer is I have brought the KNFB reader when it is on sale a few years back for windows 10.

it is very accessible with nvda I think you can try it out and do 25 scans for free with some limitations but forget what they are.

If you have the same account on both computers with other scanners from other manufactures it seems you can use that software on those computers as well with the software.

So last time I got a muti function printer scanner package for 18 bucks as I only wanted the scanner and used the KNFB reader with it it if I remember right either used it own drivers or the scanners to use the KNFb reader.

I have the saem software on my android phone the KNFB readerĀ  and have that on a couple of phones with the same account very use full to read those things that come by real mail but not hand written.

Gene nz

On 22/05/2020 6:10 am, Tyaseta Rabita Nugraeni Sardjono wrote:
Hp n canon scanner have software from factory which is accessible without 3rd party app

On Thu, May 21, 2020, 21:38 Tony Malykh <anton.malykh@...> wrote:
Hello all,
I am looking to buy a new scanner as my old one just died. However I've
heard that scanner drivers from many manufacturers tend to be not very
accessible. Can anyone recommend me which scanner (or scanner+printer)
comes with accessible driver/accompanying software?
Thanks!
Tony