Re: document converter things

Nch products do have toolbars but are supposed to be accessible.

I know these guys do exist but never thought about using their stuff. for this.

On 22/05/2020 6:17 pm, Ian Blackburn wrote:
I would be careful aware of NCH products and I would not trust an on line convert utility unless the files were not private.

It would be slow but open them in librioffice and then save them but if they have very simple formatting just copy the text and paste in to notepad. This will get rid of all formatting. I use this technique and have for years to smash complex formatting from word documents and other things like webpages.

you can get MS word reader which is free. Then do what I suggested - that is select all text and paste in to notepad and then save as plain text.

enjoy.

regards

Ian

On 22/05/2020 2:09 pm, Shaun Everiss wrote:

aah ok I'lll look at that to.

On 22/05/2020 1:34 am, Tony Ballou wrote:
Hi,

Try this one.  It's got a free and a professional version, is accessible with screen readers, and should do the job.

https://www.nchsoftware.com/documentconvert/index.html

Tony

On 5/21/2020 1:47 AM, Shaun Everiss wrote:
Hi.

Further to my old document conversion issue a user suggested multiple document converter by polenter software.

I downloaded it but found 2 issues.

1.  the program is not fully accessible.

Thats fine, I have only 2 large folders of files I want to convert.

2.  on converting my word 95 files to 2003-word97 files, the files themselves were corrupted and jarte crashed.

I then tried docx.

Every document I had which was quite old my word 95 files for example, were blank.

This converter aint for me.

I have jarte which I payed for, which does everything I want.

Sadly I may have to get libre office or ms office or something so I can read the files, I have a system with libre office and the files are read fine enough, and I hardly need them, but if there is another document converter even ifits a low cost office thing I'll try that.

This one just is not serving my purpose.

I also had a little trouble accessing it and in fact the rest of the polenter apps were not especially usable.

I wander if there are document converters in the ms store.