Excel NVDA and Large Text Cells

Marquette, Ed

              I have a template Excel spreadsheet that I need to use over and over.  It does some rudimentary computations, but mostly it is a repository for data.

I have problems with one column.  In that particular column, I need to enter a significant bit of text.  We are not talking about paragraphs.  Instead, the maximum length is about 30 words.

Once the text exceeds, on average, five or six words, Excel goes totally silent.  Text continues to be entered, but there is no sound, even when using arrows or the tab key to move around.  I need to use Alt+Tab out and back again to restore speech.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

I’m using the highest 19 version of NVDA (before version 2020) and the latest version of Excel.

Thanks in advance.

This E-mail message is confidential, is intended only for the named recipients above and may contain information that is privileged, attorney work product or otherwise protected by applicable law. If you have received this message in error, please notify the sender at 402-346-6000 and delete this E-mail message. Thank you.