Re: Ghost Windows When Copying and Pasting or cutting and pasting in Windows Explorer In Windows 10
Hi Luke,toggle quoted messageShow quoted text
Well I have had it happen for years. And no, no, no, did you all hear me, I said no!!!. These windows never go away until I alt + tab away and back--regardless of how long the file has been copied. For experimental purposes, I did a small file transfer--about 5 KB in size and left the ghost window there over night. When I came back in the morning, the window was still there.
Now maybe it's something I am doing with respect to the copy and paste issue. Since almost no one else is experiencing this and I have been experiencing this on several systems over a decade or so, here is what I do to create the issue.
1. Highlight a file in Windows Explorer.
2. Press the hotkeys control + X or control + C to cut or copy to clipboard.
3. Move to a new locoation on the system or on an external drive.
4. use the hotkey control + V to paste the file.
5. No longer how long I wait, the ghost window stays there until I alt + tab away from the ghost window and then back. The window is then gone until the next time I copy or cut a file.
On 5/23/2020 2:52 AM, Luke Davis wrote:
How exactly do you know the window is still there?
They Ask Me If I'm Happy; I say Yes.
They ask: "How Happy are You?"
I Say: "I'm as happy as a stow away chimpanzee on a banana boat!"