Re: Ghost Windows When Copying and Pasting or cutting and pasting in Windows Explorer In Windows 10

Adriano Barbieri

Hi Ron,

Just move the cursor keys up or down and it disappears, at least if it has physically finished moving or pasting the files.
Regards
Adriano

Il 23/05/2020 04:59, Ron Canazzi ha scritto:

Hi Group,\

This is happening in Windows 10, but I think I recall it going way back to XP.  When you do the following:
1.  Open Windows Explorer
2.  Highlight a file or folder.
3.  Use control + X or Control + C to cut or copy the file or folder.
4.  Move to another folder or drive and press control + V to paste the file or folder to a new location.
5.  The result is that more often times than not, you get a ghost window that has a title of something like 87%, 94% or 100%.
6.  This ghost window goes away when you alt + tab away and then back to the new location.

Does anyone else experience this and is there a remedy?

Thanks for any help.