Re: Accessible scanner drivers

On Fri, May 22, 2020 at 02:19 AM, Shaun Everiss wrote:
Anything 90 dollars or under won't.
Shaun, for the love of all that's holy, STOP MAKING ASSERTIONS THAT ARE NOT TRUE.  There are scads of multi-function machines under $100 that have OCR as part of their utilities, and I've used at least three of them, one right next to me now.

It is almost impossible to find any scanner these days, whether alone or as part of a multi-function, that does not come with a utility that includes OCR.  It's as common as dirt.

I had a Canon that cost me $25 about 10 years ago that could do OCR, and do it well.