Re: Ghost Windows When Copying and Pasting or cutting and pasting in Windows Explorer In Windows 10

Ron Canazzi

Hi Brian,

In answer to your one question: no I do not use classic shell or similar legacy type utilities.

On 5/23/2020 11:08 AM, Brian Vogel wrote:
Ron,

All I can tell you is that I have never encountered what you describe in my entire time working with Windows, prior to and with screen readers.  I have absolutely no idea what is going on, and I can't believe "it's a fluke" if you've had this going on that long.  That being said, that cries, "User action of some kind," having created the situation.  The question is, what?  Let's hope someone else has encountered it and knows the solution.

The only window I've ever encountered during a copy or paste after cut is the status window giving progress, and that disappears on its own.  You aren't using something like Classic Shell or similar, are you?  Those utilities have settings that might possibly be configured such that this situation could occur.

--

Brian - Windows 10 Pro, 64-Bit, Version 1909, Build 18363  

Science has become just another voice in the room; it has lost its platform.  Now, you simply declare your own truth.

~ Dr. Paul A. Offit, in New York Times article, How Anti-Vaccine Sentiment Took Hold in the United States, September 23, 2019

-- 
They Ask Me If I'm Happy; I say Yes.
They ask: "How Happy are You?"
I Say: "I'm as happy as a stow away chimpanzee on a banana boat!"

Join nvda@nvda.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.