Re: Ghost Windows When Copying and Pasting or cutting and pasting in Windows Explorer In Windows 10

Rob Hudson

I've noticed this ghost window also. I just hit tab and it usually goes away. It's usually a focus problem with the screen reader. Another time I've noticed ghost windows is if you are in the settings app invoked with win+i. If you exit it, sometimes, by invoking the say title, you hear something like, ShellExperieNceHost.

----- Original Message -----
From: "Ron Canazzi" <aa2vm@...>
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Date: Sun, 24 May 2020 03:18:00 -0400
Subject: Re: [nvda] Ghost Windows When Copying and Pasting or cutting and pasting in Windows Explorer In Windows 10

Hi Luke,

I know the window is still there because as every experienced user of
any screen reader, if you press a keystroke or as in this case, if you
check to see if the file has appeared in the new location and if all you
hear when you press an up/down arrow key is 'blank,' then you press the
keystroke insert (NVDA) + T.    That's when I get the feedback such as
'87%' or 94%' or 100%'.

On 5/23/2020 10:07 PM, Luke Davis wrote:
On Sat, 23 May 2020, Ron Canazzi wrote:

5. No longer how long I wait, the ghost window stays there until I
alt + tab away from the ghost window and then back. The window is
then gone until the next time I copy or cut a file.
And, right there in step 5, would have been the perfect time to
actually answer my question. Which was, again:

How exactly do you know the window is still there?
I can put that another way. What screen reader commands do you use
that tell you the window is still there? What have you tried?

Luke

--
They Ask Me If I'm Happy; I say Yes.
They ask: "How Happy are You?"