Re: Ghost Windows When Copying and Pasting or cutting and pasting in Windows Explorer In Windows 10

Felix G.

Hi!
That's exactly what it is. NVDA's focus tracking is slightly broken,
as I reported in 2018:
The window is not actually still there, it's just that the active
window switches, and NVDA expects information about this new context
to be available within 500 ms which, on busy or slow machines, is not
always possible.
To investigate whether this bug is actually responsible, execute the
following statements in the Python console:
import watchdog
watchdog.MIN_CORE_ALIVE_TIMEOUT = watchdog.NORMAL_CORE_ALIVE_TIMEOUT
Then try the copy or move operation again and see if the ghost has
been exorcised.
Best,
Felix

Am So., 24. Mai 2020 um 10:18 Uhr schrieb Rob Hudson
<rob_hudson3182@...>:

I've noticed this ghost window also. I just hit tab and it usually goes away. It's usually a focus problem with the screen reader. Another time I've noticed ghost windows is if you are in the settings app invoked with win+i. If you exit it, sometimes, by invoking the say title, you hear something like, ShellExperieNceHost.