Re: Ghost Windows When Copying and Pasting or cutting and pasting in Windows Explorer In Windows 10

Sarah k Alawami

Yep, that's right. IN my case i hear "progress" then blank, and there is not a thing there. I have to in my case either alt tab away and back to, or or hit windows m or windows d, and then alt tab back to the explorer window.

On 24 May 2020, at 0:18, Ron Canazzi wrote:

Hi Luke,

I know the window is still there because as every experienced user of any screen reader, if you press a keystroke or as in this case, if you check to see if the file has appeared in the new location and if all you hear when you press an up/down arrow key is 'blank,' then you press the keystroke insert (NVDA) + T.    That's when I get the feedback such as '87%' or 94%' or 100%'.

On 5/23/2020 10:07 PM, Luke Davis wrote:

On Sat, 23 May 2020, Ron Canazzi wrote:

5. No longer how long I wait, the ghost window stays there until I alt + tab away from the ghost window and then back. The window is then gone until the next time I copy or cut a file.

And, right there in step 5, would have been the perfect time to actually answer my question. Which was, again:

How exactly do you know the window is still there?

I can put that another way. What screen reader commands do you use that tell you the window is still there? What have you tried?

Luke

--
They Ask Me If I'm Happy; I say Yes.
They ask: "How Happy are You?"