Re: Ghost Windows When Copying and Pasting or cutting and pasting in Windows Explorer In Windows 10

Sarah k Alawami

Yep, that's right. IN my case i hear "progress" then blank, and there is not a thing there. I have to in my case either alt tab away and back to, or or hit windows m or windows d, and then alt tab back to the explorer window.
Sarah Alawami, owner of TFFP. . For more info go to our website.

to subscribe to the feed click here and you can also follow us on twitter

Our discord is where you will know when we go live on [twitch.](http://twitch.tv/ke7zum] Feel free to give the channel a follow and see what is up there.

For stream archives, products you can buy and more visit my main lbry page and my tffp lbry page You will also be able to buy some of my products and eBooks there.

Finally, to become a patron and help support the podcast go here

On 24 May 2020, at 0:18, Ron Canazzi wrote:

Hi Luke,

I know the window is still there because as every experienced user of any screen reader, if you press a keystroke or as in this case, if you check to see if the file has appeared in the new location and if all you hear when you press an up/down arrow key is 'blank,' then you press the keystroke insert (NVDA) + T.    That's when I get the feedback such as '87%' or 94%' or 100%'.

On 5/23/2020 10:07 PM, Luke Davis wrote:

On Sat, 23 May 2020, Ron Canazzi wrote:

5. No longer how long I wait, the ghost window stays there until I alt + tab away from the ghost window and then back. The window is then gone until the next time I copy or cut a file.

And, right there in step 5, would have been the perfect time to actually answer my question. Which was, again:

How exactly do you know the window is still there?

I can put that another way. What screen reader commands do you use that tell you the window is still there? What have you tried?

Luke

--
They Ask Me If I'm Happy; I say Yes.
They ask: "How Happy are You?"
I Say: "I'm as happy as a stow away chimpanzee on a banana boat!"

Join nvda@nvda.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.