Re: What do You prefer to write Docs, Presentations, or Spreadsheets with NVDA

Pauline Smith

Everything you wrote in this message is so on point. The form that is on our state library's website that must be completed to receive library services is a pdf that you cannot be saved. I found that so frustrating when I had to fill out such applications for students. The only extra copies we could make was hard copy print ones.

Pauline

On 5/21/2020 3:48 PM, Brian Vogel wrote:
On Thu, May 21, 2020 at 02:40 PM, Arlene wrote:
I had to fill out a Canadian Government form that was PDF I had to call the CNIB to get help filling out the form. 
As I've mentioned in the past, there are a very great many people who do not know how to design a fillable form, whether in PDF or MS-Word.

I've had a few US government forms that were billed as fillable that either were not at all, or were, but you couldn't save the filled-in form, which is pretty useless from a record keeping perspective.   And when you're actually dealing with fillable forms, type conversions often screw things up.

It's pretty much a black box until you start trying to work with a given PDF file, regardless of what is claimed.

--

Brian - Windows 10 Pro, 64-Bit, Version 1909, Build 18363  

Science has become just another voice in the room; it has lost its platform.  Now, you simply declare your own truth.

~ Dr. Paul A. Offit, in New York Times article, How Anti-Vaccine Sentiment Took Hold in the United States, September 23, 2019

Join nvda@nvda.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.