Re: What do You prefer to write Docs, Presentations, or Spreadsheets with NVDA

Well there are ways to handle this where the forms are loaded and output as html, I have seen this and the server handles it itself but I have had the older system where the server loads a pdf form in a weird web program and yeah you can't make it do anything.

On 26/05/2020 8:25 am, Pauline Smith wrote:
Everything you wrote in this message is so on point. The form that is on our state library's website that must be completed to receive library services is a pdf that you cannot be saved. I found that so frustrating when I had to fill out such applications for students. The only extra copies we could make was hard copy print ones.

Pauline

On 5/21/2020 3:48 PM, Brian Vogel wrote:
On Thu, May 21, 2020 at 02:40 PM, Arlene wrote:
I had to fill out a Canadian Government form that was PDF I had to call the CNIB to get help filling out the form.
As I've mentioned in the past, there are a very great many people who do not know how to design a fillable form, whether in PDF or MS-Word.

I've had a few US government forms that were billed as fillable that either were not at all, or were, but you couldn't save the filled-in form, which is pretty useless from a record keeping perspective.   And when you're actually dealing with fillable forms, type conversions often screw things up.

It's pretty much a black box until you start trying to work with a given PDF file, regardless of what is claimed.