AW: AW: NVDA Default Settings

Eigeldinger Simon

Hi Shaun,

Agreed on that.
On the PCs we have here that need to be administrated we installed a local copy but nvda accesses a config profile that sits on a server.
so all machines access the same config.
works nicely.
i also set the nvda remote addon to automatically connect to my machine when nvda is started.

that lets me administer the machines easily so people just have to click a desktop icon and they are automatically connected and i can help.

greetings,
simon

Mit freundlichen Grüßen

Simon Eigeldinger
Informatik
Nebengebäude 1, OG1
-------------------------
Stadt Hohenems
Kaiser-Franz-Josef-Straße 4
6845 Hohenems
Österreich
Tel.: +43 (0)5576/7101-1143
Fax: +43 (0)5576/7101-1149
E-Mail: simon.eigeldinger@hohenems.at
Web: www.hohenems.at

Diese Nachricht und allfällige angehängte Dokumente sind vertraulich und nur für den/die Adressaten bestimmt.

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
Von: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] Im Auftrag von Shaun Everiss
Gesendet: Mittwoch, 17. August 2016 23:50
An: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Betreff: Re: AW: [nvda] NVDA Default Settings

Well it depends ofcause what you use it for.
For my system I use nvda with all the modules I want and need.
On systems I need to admin bar the modules I need, sadly I need the
winten module for windows 10, and the remote module ofcause.
For the most part I try to avoid modifying everything especially on
systems I admin.
In fact I don't need complex settings or complicated synths, infact the
poorer the quality the better.
When working on systems that are not my own, My plan is to finnish what
is needed and get out as soon as I can.
I do not need the retarded blindy access issues that while I am happy to
deal with my own workstation replicating them on all I manage, how
about, no would rather reformat.
When I work on a system its bare bones, especially because I need to
navigate round the user's inaccessable programs, some don't want me to
mess with them so I am dealing with usually some hash, pluss the system
stability or lack there of and its other issues.
I'd prefur to leave my own.
Even on the local networked systems I work on, most of those have enough
to use the system, but thats as far as I go.
Now as far as my personal workstation goes, its mine and I'll do what I
want.

On 18/08/2016 1:19 a.m., Eigeldinger Simon wrote:
The only minus with the portable copy is no accessibility of admin screens and UAC.
So if he plans to have that installed there installing nvda and copying over a nice config might also be interesting.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen
Simon Eigeldinger
Informatik
Nebengebäude 1, OG1

Stadt Hohenems
Kaiser-Franz-Josef-Straße 4
6845 Hohenems
Österreich
Tel.: +43 (0)5576/7101-1143
Fax: +43 (0)5576/7101-1149
E-Mail: simon.eigeldinger@hohenems.at<mailto:simon.eigeldinger@hohenems.at>
Web: www.hohenems.at<http://www.hohenems.at>

Diese Nachricht und allfällige angehängte Dokumente sind vertraulich und nur für den/die Adressaten bestimmt.
Von: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] Im Auftrag von Chris Mullins
Gesendet: Mittwoch, 17. August 2016 14:35
An: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Betreff: Re: [nvda] NVDA Default Settings

Once yu have set up NVDA as you like it, save the configuration then create a portable copy using the option in the tools menu. If you keep this up-to-date with NVDA version changes etc, you can use it to install onto another machine/ re-install onto your own machine thus retaining your bespoke configuration.

Cheers
Chris
From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of Hicks Steven (CORNWALL IT SERVICES)
Sent: 17 August 2016 06:38
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: [nvda] NVDA Default Settings

Hello friends,

When I install NVDA, there are certain settings that I like to change from default e.g. the speed, punctuation level and keyboard typing feedback.
Is there any way to take a copy of these settings so that when I install on a different machine or re-build and re-install NVDA, I can copy these straight bac again without going through the preference menus to each settings?
Is there a file that I can backup?
I Can’t seem to find an .ini file anywhere, are these settings stored in the registry?

********************************************************************************************************************

This message may contain confidential information. If you are not the intended recipient please inform the
sender that you have received the message in error before deleting it.
Please do not disclose, copy or distribute information in this e-mail or take any action in reliance on its contents:
to do so is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful.

Thank you for your co-operation.

NHSmail is the secure email and directory service available for all NHS staff in England and Scotland
NHSmail is approved for exchanging patient data and other sensitive information with NHSmail and GSi recipients
NHSmail provides an email address for your career in the NHS and can be accessed anywhere
For more information and to find out how you can switch, visit www.nhsdigital.nhs.uk/nhsmail<http://www.nhsdigital.nhs.uk/nhsmail>

********************************************************************************************************************

Join nvda@nvda.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.