Von: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> Im Auftrag von zahra
Gesendet: Dienstag, 26. Mai 2020 12:21
An: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Betreff: Re: [nvda] Question about NVDA reading documents or pages containing text in multiple languages

hi shaun.
do you mean that automatic language switching is not good for people who use only espeak?
but, its good for people who use two synthesizers one espeak and one for example ivona, microsoft voices etc for reading documents in different languages?

On 5/26/20, Shaun Everiss <@smeveriss> wrote:
Well I just turn off auto language switching.

Its really no good doing other language speech unless you don't use
espeak in anything other than english.

I am sorry but while I like the clear and robotic fast nature of
espeak I don't find other languages clear at all.

On 26/05/2020 10:21 am, Laurie Mehta via groups.io wrote:
Hello,
I have stumbled upon a strange thing and hope someone has some
helpful advice for this problem.
When I receive a document that is 99% in English with a small portion
in another language NVDA reads that entire document (Word or pdf) as
if it is entirely in that other language (not English.) What I mean
is that NVDA is pronouncing the words as if in that other language
and even going over a word character by character, NVDA spells in
that other language's alphabet.
This has happened before and for short documents copying into notepad
yields an entirely readable text. A notepad file is less practical
for a long document, though, and I think that NVDA ought to be able
to read a document in a language even if it has a line or two in a second language.

For example, I recently downloaded a document that is in English with
only a line or so in Italian from a Vatican website. Saved in either
Word or as pdf, the whole document reads as if NVDA is trying to read
it in Italian-- even using the Italian alphabet when I move character
by character. If I copy and paste the document into notepad, it reads
in English with no problem.

I think that I must have some setting set in NVDA which is causing
this issue but I don't know where to look for setting things right.
It seems that NVDA is recognizing some trigger to adjust to a
particular language for reading, but I don't know how or where to
find that trigger to possibly remove it.
Obviously I could just make a very long txt file for the document to
read it, but if I can retain the headings and other formatting of the
almost
200 page original I would prefer that.

Do any of you have some helpful advice for this issue?
Thanks!

Laurie M.

--
By God,