Re: Tony's addons - updates

Gene

It is better to read mail as simple HTML.  You will see all HTML controls such as links and the message will be formatted as the sender desired.  You can use browse mode to search the message or any of the quick navigation keys can be used.  But no code can run that is in the HTML.  Formatting is the only thing permitted to be done.  You are thus safe from any possible malicious code and you can work with the message just as you would reading it as HTmL.

This is a Thunderbird feature.

From: Kenny
Sent: Tuesday, May 26, 2020 11:52 AM
Subject: Re: [nvda] Tony's addons - updates

LOL! Forgot I changed my Thunderbird settings for View/Message Body As... to "Plain Text" and those "Reply" links weren't being displayed. Once I changed the setting back to"Original Html" the links you mentioned re-appeared.

Brian, maybe you guys should make those links display at the bottom of the message, even when a subscriber has their mail client's message body view set to Text?

Just a suggestion.

Thanks for clearing things up. I'll contact Tony off-line.

On 5/26/2020 12:14 PM, Brian      wrote:
On Tue, May 26, 2020 at 11:14 AM, Kenny wrote:
Tony, how can I reach you off-list?
Unless you've changed something with Groups.io, at the end of each and every message is a link, Reply to Sender.  Activating it should open a message in your e-mail/webmail client already addressed to the sender of said message, with "Re:" plus the title of the topic pre-populated as the subject which you can, of course, change.

If you have any message that originated from Tony you can use it, via the Reply to Sender link, to reach him off-list.