Re: How to Fix Sluggish Responsiveness When Arrowing Through a Word Document

Jackie

Jonathan, it affects arrowing performance because the document is
being changed in its entirety as you're trying to arrow around. It
doesn't help blind folks much & indeed serves to slow speech down.

Thanks for letting us know where it is, cuz I personally don't have Office 365.

On 5/26/20, Cohn, Jonathan <jcohn@air.org> wrote:
I reviewed this setting, which is in the general settings tab. Microsoft
help has this to say about it:
Enable Live Preview Select this option to preview the effects of formatting
changes in the document.

So, I am not sure why this would effect arrowing performance, but at least
you know how to get there. While I was in there I turned off the
mini-toolbar for selection, which I think is the annowing feature that asks
you if you want to keep styles when you paste.