Re: Problem while updating NVDA

Hello Jackie.
I am using the Windows defender antivirus by Microsoft.
And full sure, I am running it as  administrative account. On Thu, May 28, 2020 at 6:36 AM, Jackie <abletec@...> wrote:

Hasan, there's a lot you don't tell us. 1 of the questions I have is
what security software are you using, both antivirus & firewall? Also,
are you running as an administrator or just using a standard account,
as updating NVDA likely won't work then.

> Hello Hasan, and welcome.
>
> In a situation like yours, where you sound like you have a very fresh
> Windows 10 installation coupled with a fresh NVDA install, is simply
> uninstall NVDA after downloading the NVDA 2020 installer, then reinstall.
>
> Others will likely have other suggestions, and you may end up being asked to
> supply NVDA logs off-list by those who are able to dig deep under the hood
> of NVDA.  Mine is the "quick and dirty" method.
>
> I have had Add-On Updater get cranky on multiple occasions, but it generally
> has resolved itself the next time it determines updates exist and tries
> again.  That's usually the next day.
> --
>
> Brian *-* Windows 10 Pro, 64-Bit, Version 1909, Build 18363
>
> *Science has become just another voice in the room; it has lost its
> platform.  Now, you simply declare your own truth.*
>
> ~ Dr. Paul A. Offit, in New York Times article, How Anti-Vaccine Sentiment
> Took Hold in the United States (
> https://www.nytimes.com/2019/09/23/health/anti-vaccination-movement-us.html
> ) , September 23, 2019

Best.