Re: Problem while updating NVDA

Jackie

Hasan, did you get any msgs asking you to allow NVDA thru the
firewall? You may wish to go to windows firewall & just make sure that
NVDA is allowed through.

On 5/27/20, hasan tayyem <@HasanTayem> wrote:
Hello Jackie.
I am using the Windows defender antivirus by Microsoft.
And full sure, I am running it as administrative account. On Thu, May 28,
2020 at 6:36 AM, Jackie <abletec@...> wrote:

Hasan, there's a lot you don't tell us. 1 of the questions I have is
what security software are you using, both antivirus & firewall? Also,
are you running as an administrator or just using a standard account,
as updating NVDA likely won't work then.

Hello Hasan, and welcome.

In a situation like yours, where you sound like you have a very fresh
Windows 10 installation coupled with a fresh NVDA install, is simply
uninstall NVDA after downloading the NVDA 2020 installer, then
reinstall.

Others will likely have other suggestions, and you may end up being
asked to
supply NVDA logs off-list by those who are able to dig deep under the
hood
of NVDA. Mine is the "quick and dirty" method.

I have had Add-On Updater get cranky on multiple occasions, but it
generally
has resolved itself the next time it determines updates exist and tries
again. That's usually the next day.

*Science has become just another voice in the room; it has lost its
platform. Now, you simply declare your own truth.*

~ Dr. Paul A. Offit, in New York Times article, How Anti-Vaccine
Sentiment
Took Hold in the United States (
https://www.nytimes.com/2019/09/23/health/anti-vaccination-movement-us.html
) , September 23, 2019