NVDA on a Lenovo Miix 630 - no modifier key at all

Hello all,

I just bought a Lenovo Miix 630 laptop: a little, neat thing to travel with.
My problem is that the NVDA modifier keys do not work. The computer seems to have both Caps Lock and Insert available, because when I finally was able to access the keyboard help using the Miix computer remotely from another computer, it says "NVDA" when I press Caps Lock or Insert, and also Caps Lock comes on when I press it twice, so it seems that everything should work. But still, if I press, say Caps Lock + B, it acts like I would have pressed only the letter B.

This is not only an NVDA issue; exactly the same thing happens with Narrator. I cannot use any narrator commands that involve the Caps Lock key.
Another pain is that I haven't been able to reverse the function keys, so I have to press. for example, Alt+FN+F4 to get out from an application.
I do not know whether these two problems are somehow related.

Especially the fact that I don't have a NVDA modifier key makes the thing almost unusable.
Has anyone seen something like this and maybe been able to solve the problem?