Re: NVDA on a Lenovo Miix 630 - no modifier key at all

hello.
did you check caps lock in the nvda preferences keyboard settings to
be used as nvda modifeer key?
its unchecked by default and you should activate it manually if you need.

On 5/28/20, Isak Sand <@IsakSand> wrote:
Hello all,

I just bought a Lenovo Miix 630 laptop: a little, neat thing to travel
with.
My problem is that the NVDA modifier keys do not work. The computer seems to
have both Caps Lock and Insert available, because when I finally was able to
access the keyboard help using the Miix computer remotely from another
computer, it says "NVDA" when I press Caps Lock or Insert, and also Caps
Lock comes on when I press it twice, so it seems that everything should
work. But still, if I press, say Caps Lock + B, it acts like I would have
pressed only the letter B.

This is not only an NVDA issue; exactly the same thing happens with
Narrator. I cannot use any narrator commands that involve the Caps Lock
key.
Another pain is that I haven't been able to reverse the function keys, so I
have to press. for example, Alt+FN+F4 to get out from an application.
I do not know whether these two problems are somehow related.

Especially the fact that I don't have a NVDA modifier key makes the thing
almost unusable.
Has anyone seen something like this and maybe been able to solve the
problem?

--
By God,
were I given all the seven heavens