Re: NVDA on a Lenovo Miix 630 - no modifier key at all

Rob Hudson

Sounds like you need to get into the bios then. Under settings/advanced there are options to handle the keyboard. Of course, that means sighted help.

----- Original Message -----
From: "Isak Sand" <@IsakSand>
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Date: Thu, 28 May 2020 03:57:30 -0700
Subject: Re: [nvda] NVDA on a Lenovo Miix 630 - no modifier key at all

Hello,

Thanks for your suggestions!
Unfortunately, FN + Escape does not work on this machine.
And I can neither accomplish NVDA commands by pressing FN + NVDA.

I installed a application  called SharpKeys which is designed to re-map keys to other ones. I tried to re-map Caps Lock to be NumPad 0, but it did not help either.

I guess it would be possible to re-map caps lock to some key that would be recognized while pressing multiple keys together with it, but then I would have to change every NVDA command accordingly and that would be a huge amount of work.