Re: NVDA on a Lenovo Miix 630 - no modifier key at all

Gene

Since you said you can use the NVDA key with another keyboard, it sounds as though that specific keyboard may somehow be sending codes to the computer that NVDA can't work with.  Someone with technical knowledge on the subject may be able to say whether I am right but that's my guess.  I doubt that remapping would do any good since I would think it would just tell another key to do exactly what the keys already do that is causing the problem.  You are telling another key to perform the same function that another key is performing now, not changing the code or the way the code is sent to the computer.

From: Isak Sand
Sent: Thursday, May 28, 2020 5:57 AM
Subject: Re: [nvda] NVDA on a Lenovo Miix 630 - no modifier key at all

Hello,

Thanks for your suggestions!
Unfortunately, FN + Escape does not work on this machine.
And I can neither accomplish NVDA commands by pressing FN + NVDA.

I installed a application  called SharpKeys which is designed to re-map keys to other ones. I tried to re-map Caps Lock to be NumPad 0, but it did not help either.

I guess it would be possible to re-map caps lock to some key that would be recognized while pressing multiple keys together with it, but then I would have to change every NVDA command accordingly and that would be a huge amount of work.