Re: ccleaner insites? accessible? discussion maybe?

On Thu, May 28, 2020 at 05:26 AM, Gene wrote:
Whatever else you are asking for is something related to design or how clear companies should make these offers.  They often aren't shown in an obvious manner to sighted people, or not as clearly as they should be, maybe they are on a page with all sorts of other options.  If a blind person can look at the options, that is accessible.  Blind people are just as responsible for reading things on pages as sighted people are.
Yep, yep, and yep.

It's also why I recommend, whether one is sighted or blind, using the Unchecky utility.  While Unchecky is not 100% foolproof, it cuts down on the accidental installation of unwanted bundled software, known in "the biz" as potentially unwanted programs (PUPs), to a great extent.

Many sighted people I know ignore "those little checkboxes" at the bottom of various install dialogs that come up and have the nerve to complain afterward that they got unwanted software.  I find bundling loathsome, but it is absolutely not new, and has been the norm for years now.  It is incumbent on the person doing any install, particularly for free software, to examine each and every element on each and every dialog if they want to avoid getting stuff they don't want.  And if you don't, you will get that junk, plain and simple.  We have to deal with the world as it is, and has been, not how we wish it would be.